Since 9/11, regulations requiring Emergency Responder Radio Coverage (ERRC) for building occupancy have become enforceable standards in the fire codes. Driven at the national, state and local level, the requirements are primarily derived from the International Fire Code (IFC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Adherence to these codes is essential to maintain occupancy of your buildings and to meet the requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
As your owner representative, HetNet can reduce your liability, minimize the overall costs and obtain compliance for occupancy with these services:
- Mitigate the liabilities and risk from non-compliance
- Minimize the costs by enhancing only the areas that are lacking coverage
- Solicit competitive bids from contractors to reduce overall costs and avoid change orders
- Represent your interests to the AHJs and FCC
- Provide on-going maintenance services to maintain compliance
Increasingly, fire departments are also mandating that coverage be enhanced in existing buildings. HetNet can help develop a plan to meet these requirements as well.